AboutLogin/RegisterDeutsch

The House at Werderschen Markt without the SED emblem

OBJECT INFORMATION
Bookmark and Share

Info

January 1 - March 31 1990
Berlin, Werderscher Markt
Created By: Elisabeth Wilz

License: Creative Commons License

Former building of the SED Central Committee with the missing party symbol on the front facade; built in 1940 as the new Reichsbank (central bank of Germany), the "great edifice" became the seat of the Central Committee of the SED between 1959-1990. The building has housed the central administration of the German Federal Foreign Office since 1999.

Depicts

building

Context

logo

People/Organizations

Socialist Unity Party of Germany

Places

Other places (Berlin)

Related